Monday, April 5, 2010

It Finally Happened...Scissors !

I have always been worried that the girls would cut their own hair. That every pair of scissors are up in a cupboard where they can't reach them. When Rylee & Reganne learned how to cut in school I let them practice at home. Ryder followed along and has always just cut paper and does really well.



Imagine my surprise Thursday night with this little surprise. They had asked for scissors to finish a school project. I walked out of the kitchen to change the laundry. Ryder followed after me with the scissors in his mouth. Before I could take them away he said ouch and walked off.



I came back in the kitchen and was greeted with this wonderful site. I asked him to open his mouth and blood poured out. I quickly reached for a dish rag and tried to clean him up. That is when I noticed the bare patches on top of his head.





He earned an early hair cut from dad, broken scissors, and a sore mouth. The next day Reganne said she needed to tell the truth. He didn't do it all by himself she had helped.


These two little minds working together really is starting to scare me.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh no! Robyn has become fascinated with scissors. No hair cutting yet but I've found barbie's hair, a cut washcloth and scissors marks on one of her sheets. Very frustrating.