Sunday, February 28, 2010

Library Family Night

I have been trying for months to take the kids to our library's family night that they hold once a month. Something has alway happened and we haven't gone. We succeed this month and it was on tools and building by Home Depot. The teacher taught them about the hammer. What it is for and the names of each part on it. He was great with the kids and had everyone laughing.

Each person was able to pick a project that interested them. Rylee picked a sorting box, Reganne picked a bug catcher, and Ryder picked a boat. Each had their hammers and were ready to start. They only problem is they are blessed with a mother that can't assemble craft projects to save her life. Poor Dad had build all three. I could have build Ryder's but he wasnt' giving up his hammer and I wasn't going to hold the nails for him while he hammered.

Reganne & her hammer.... building her bug catcher.

Ryder and his boat... How do I get the nail to standup?

Rylee...I am done first...I win!!

Rylee, Reganne, and Dad...We did it!!

Reganne...I am a builder!!!

The projects only took about a 1/2 hour to build. What is Family Night without a treats. We were off to McDonalds for an ice cream cone.
It was a great night, full of hugs, smiles, and laughter.

1 comment:

Susan said...

How fun. We went once years ago to family night at the library and ended up being the only ones there. Haven't been back since -- the family night not the library. The library is our favorite place to go (well, at least mine. I just drag the girls along for the ride.)