Sunday, February 21, 2021

2021 Last Chance Meet

Last Chance for what?  This is the final meet of the short course season.  This is also the last meet to qualify for JO's in March.  We headed to Cedar City with the purpose of improving times.  I was officiating so let's hope that everything moves right along and we aren't here until 9.

Ryder loves this pool and is excited to compete.  Dave was worried on where he would be sitting.  It was cold outside and when the sun went down it would be even colder.  Inside seating was available with masks of course.

Take your mark!

Keep on swimming

Saturday Morning
The peace before storm

Mask & Curls
He is ready to give it his all.


I only saw Ryder a couple of times the whole meet.  He chooses to be with his team rather than his parents.  I guess that is what happens as you get older.  He completed all his events and even cut time off.  However, it wasn't enough time to qualify for JO's.  When I asked him if he was upset?  He calmly replied, Nope!! If I made it and then it was cancelled I would be upset.  I am going turn my focus to long course season.  Wow!! to have this attitude and determination.

Male (13 & Over) 100 Backstroke, 1:09.83, 6th Place
Male (13 & Over) 100 Freestyle, 1:02.39, 6th Place
Male (13 & Over) 100 Breast, 1:22.68, 6th Place
Male (13 & Over) 200 Backstroke, 2:33.25, 3rd Place

Everyone had a good time. The next meet is in April.  See you pool side!!

No comments: