Thursday, November 22, 2018

Halloween 2018

The kids are getting older and the Halloween activities are changing as well.  An era was coming to an end today.  The elementary school parade!!!  Eleven years of standing outside in the frosty morning watching as each class marches around track.  Who will miss this?  ME!!!  I had better enjoy this one and don't blink because it will be over way to quickly.  

They were off and I couldn't find Ryder's class anywhere.  How did I miss him the first time around?  I had better be watching for the second time around.

I'm HERE!!!
I couldn't miss him the second time around.  He let me know that I needed to take his picture and could Josh come with us to SkyWest.  I definitely took his picture.  I also loved seeing the variety of costumes this year.  I think the most popular one this year was the Halo Guys.

Ryder wasn't too old to go to SkyWest for our annual trick or treating.  Ryder was anxious to get his full or king size treats from the Exec Offices.  They didn't fail him.  We finished with a pretty heavy bag full of yummy treats and tired feet.  Give him a few pieces of candy and he will be as good as new.  Bring on the trick or treating.....

A Jedi & a rocker
Trick or Treating with friends was going to be a blast.  Not only for them but for me as well.  I could stay home and relax.  Dave could manage the candy and I could stay inside warm.  Nope!!! Dave setup a chair for me to sit outside with him. 

Ryder's group
Josh, Talon, Corbin, and Reegan

Reganne's group
Before

After
Kiah, Alyvia, Cheyanne, and Reganne

They survived
and even found more friends to go with.
The boys curfew was 8:00 which they all complained about rather loudly.  However, 8:00 came with tired feet, heavy bags, and hungry bellies.  The girls came back shortly afterwards needing a ride to a different neighborhood and try their luck there.  Time to close down the haunted house and creepy music with no kids in sight.  The boys were tired and all headed for home.

Another Halloween in the record books.  Rylee had to work, but was able to catch a movie with friends afterwards.  Reganne & Ryder both had fun with their friends.  Dave & I handed out candy to maybe 30 little guys all night.  I will have candy to share until Easter or not since they no longer want to share with us but eat it all in the privacy of their rooms.  I am hoping if I am really good they may share a few chocolate ones.

No comments: