Sunday, July 27, 2014

4th Annual W & W Campout

Town has been heating up which makes this a perfect weekend to head for the mountains to camp.  The Dads headed out earlier to get everything setup with all the kids.  The Mom's assignment to bring the food.  Everyone ran to greet us or rather the food they were hungry.

Someone stole my phone.

FOOD!!!!!

New camp fashions

My tour guide

Smelling the trees??

What does it smell like?
Vanilla or Butterscotch?  There was a sign telling you to smell the trees for a sweet smell.  This is part of their protection against forest fires.  It smelled like my favorite......Butterscotch.  I was now craving it.

Another hike to show me how he could cross the rocks.
I loved this picture with his reflection in the water.
Sometime I amaze myself with how good the picture turns out.

It's COLD!!!
He is holding his shorts up since one of his hikes earlier they got all wet.

Relaxing......
What do we do next?  We are bored??
Sending them to the wilderness presentation...How to survive in the wilderness. 

What are you roasting???

PEEPS!!!!
Someone (Me) forgot the marshmallows.
Who knew that these would taste so yummy?  Hard and crunchy on the outside.  Hot & Gooey on the inside.
A perfect treat.  I will save some from Easter for  camping.

Campfire
Everyone loved sitting around the fire, adding wood, and telling silly stories about school lunch.

Time for bed!!!!  Another successful W&W Camp out until next year.

No comments: