Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Baking Birthday Cake with Chef Ryder

Conference Morning and no church means time to bake and enjoy special treats that I don't usually have time to make. This is also Reganne's Birthday Weekend so it was also time to make her cake. She also requested chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. I started out with Cinnamon Sticks and as soon as the fridge opened here came Ryder wondering what I was making. So much for Bob the Builder DVD this is much better. I set the Cinnamon Sticks to raise and started the cake. He wanted to add the eggs or flour or maybe the chocolate.



How about the beater?
Yummy gooey chocolate.



The final product with Grandma Johnson's Chocolate Cake, Purple Vanilla Frosting and sprinkles.


This gets me geared up to starting baking for the holiday season and try new recipes.



1 comment:

Susan said...

What a great cake to use for Reganne's birthday -- especially since she and Grandma share the day. Happy Birthday!