Monday, September 27, 2010

Rodeo Weekend: The Kids Parade

Last weekend was the annual Lions Dixie Roundup Rodeo and activities. This is one weekend that all the locals support and look forward to each year. Every year I have promised Rylee that we would do more, but there has always been something come up. This was to be the year. She remembered my promise and was holding me too it.

Friday afternoon was the Kids Parade. The school sent home flyers encouraging the kids to come and participate to defend their title. Off we went with our friends the Wheelers to start a fun filled weekend.

Rylee, Reganne, and Dakota

The parade was about 1/2 mile long. Rylee said no problem we walk farther than that from school. I told them they needed their tennis shoes and socks on. Reganne of course argued she wanted flip flops.



Little Valley Elementary



The Bat Mobile


Ryder shading his eyes or rather mimicing me as I was watching the parade with the sun in my eyes.
He loved the parade because they threw candy to him. It took him a few minutes, but then with the help of Jacy he picked up a lot. He wasn't so sure about sharing however.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think I liked parades when I was younger because they threw candy.