Sunday, September 20, 2009

Saturday at Lowe's

Now that I have my camera & computer talking again. I am behind in my pictures. This was supposed to be last weeks entry. We will catch up with all of our fun activities. It will just take me a couple of weeks.

One of the activities Dave has done with Rylee & Reganne is Lowe's Buildit Workshop. Last weeks class was a drum. We decided to get the kit and bring it home and they would build it with Dad.

Saturday morning dawned and off we went to Lowe's us and 50 other families. We have never had to sign up just showed up. So much to my surprise we had to wait to see if there were enough kits for those who signed up.

During our wait the Lowe's staff gave each child a flower box to build. Ryder loved the hammer. Reganne loved the nails. Rylee just wanted to get started. We slowly built 1/2 of one. The girls are really good with the hammer. Ryder was great at hammering the sidewalk.

We took home 3 drum kits and 3 flower box kits. It has now been confirmed that I am not a builder. I am much better at the library.

Rylee, Ryder, and Reganne

Here they are in their Lowe's Apron & Safety Goggles. They each received a certificate and badge.

They loved it and are looking forward to then next class a fire truck.

1 comment:

Susan said...

How cool. I'm with you Lori -- I'm much better at the library. But maybe I should take the girls some Saturday. What neat projects.